To disable the music player, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click the pause button on the player.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Taking it all in...

God's Heart for You by Holley for April 7: God says. "I'll be right here telling you all you need to know every day, every step of the way. I love to hear your voice... and I love when you listen to Mine."

The house is quiet. I sit, warm cup of coffee in hand, listening to Natalie Grant. The air outside is cool and crisp, I know this because it woke me up at 7:30 this morning when I took the puppy out. The sun is shining, there is breath in my lungs, the Lord has blessed me with another beautiful day to enjoy His creation. I think back on the week and realize I haven't talked to him much this week... mostly just listened. Watched. Waited. Sunday, the pastor spoke of palm leaves turning to fists and joyous cries turning to angry shouts and innocent blood shed out of love for us. My children took their first Lord's Supper, and I felt tears in my eyes as I saw the knowing in theirs. My 12-year old son watched "The Passion of the Christ" for the very first time, and as I cried he declared he just didn't understand why we ever celebrated the Easter bunny when Jesus went through all of that torture to save us from our sins.  A butterfly landed on my shoulder this week, I think it was Wednesday, while another fluttered around me. I knew at that moment that I was fully in His presence, because only He could be responsible for something so delightful. The next morning, the kids and I saw two butterflies again, in the same spot in our driveway.... we decided they were our angels, checking in on us, or maybe just His way of telling us "I am with you." I delighted at seeing my beautiful ring sparkling in the sunlight, a symbol on my finger of the love I never thought I'd find, let alone deserved. Friday I spent the day marveling at how very handsome and grown up my son is, and wondered where my little boy had gone... but felt so very thankful that I've had the opportunity to witness the transition from little boy to young man, because life is so precious and fleeting, and some mamas don't get to see their babies grow up. Now it is Saturday, and the house is quiet, and I'm thankful I've had a few moments to think back on the week and well, be thankful. I've felt more aware this week, more aware of redemption and grace and beauty and Him. Just taking it all in and feeling so thankful...




No comments:

Post a Comment