To disable the music player, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click the pause button on the player.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fearfully & Wonderfully Made

I look at her face as we open the cardboard box that the UPS man carried to our door today. It's glowing with excitement and wonder at what might be inside. As I cut through the tape and pull the flaps back to reveal the new friend that's waiting inside, she erupts into giggles and one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

"Mommy, is that for... ME?"


Dweeber is just one of many cute and cuddly little friends available through DaySpring's U-Neeks line of products. 

She lifts him out of the box, we unwrap him and this is the first thing she does. See that smile? She just loves this little guy called Dweeber! I tell her that Dweeber is here to remind us that we are all special and unique... fearfully and wonderfully made, and that God loves us just the way we are. She smiles bigger and holds him tighter. I thank God for this box of goodies from (in)courage and Dayspring, this box of little reminders of God's love for us. 


I love that every time we use one of these notebooks, folders, or binders, we will see a special message, like the ones inside the front covers of the composition books... scripture and words that uplift and remind us that "we are never, ever alone in this world" and that we are cherished and chosen. 


Our school made a few changes this year, and one of those changes was that parents no longer had to purchase school supplies for their K-4th grade students. I didn't find out about the change until after we received the products, and since my daughter is in the 1st grade, that means she isn't able to use them at school. At first, I was disappointed, but then I thought about how we could use them at home. I decided to use a folder and binder to hold materials for the GA's class I am leading on Wednesday nights. I am using one of the composition books as a prayer/gratitude journal, and I am going to give the other one to my daughter for the same purpose. 

For those of you who have students who can choose their own supplies, and use these at school, they are the perfect way to share their faith with friends! (I would have sent them with my 6th grade son, but I don't think he would have appreciated hot pink notebooks or binders!)

Just a few days ago, I gave my kids the greeting cards to let them know that even when we are apart during the school day, they are always on my mind and in my heart, and that God's love is always with them, too. 


There are so many uses for these wonderful, beautifully made products! 
You can find them all at DaySpring, and through August 31, 2012, back to school products are Buy 2, Get 1 Free! I am linking up over at (in)courage, please visit their Inspired Deals page to link to more posts on these awesome products! 

*All products were sent to me by DaySpring for review. The opinions expressed here are my own, and no compensation was received other than the products themselves. 


4 comments:

  1. Awww. How amazing! I've been keeping my eye on those little creations for a little while now. I can't wait until I'm able to afford to get one for each of my four little ones. I'm sure my two godchildren would want one as well. I'm glad you were able to receive (and use) the stationary! I like the one that says You Need Jesus, I'm just saying... lol. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You will love the products! They really are too cute. I wish I'd gotten the one that says You Need Jesus... I LOVE that one!

      Delete
  2. My daughter loved Dweeber too, and the card that goes with him is so precious. What great reminders that they are not alone and are loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Dweeber quickly became one of her favorite friends! I loved the message inside the cards so much that I used two of them to give to each of my kiddos one day after school, and my daughter signed one and gave it to our pastor "for the church" - her own idea. I love how these products inspire even my youngest one!

      Delete